Information Sessions: Friday, November 2 — 11-12 PM and 12-1 PM. Lunch will be provided.
RSVP to Melissa Whipps
Internal concept paper deadline: December 10, 2018
Requirements: Concept papers will be collected through the new InfoReady Portal. An updated link will be posted here soon as the application is available. Additional information will be provided at this session, or can be requested via an email to Melissa Whipps.
The W.M. Keck Foundation supports pioneering science and engineering research and the development of promising new technologies.
Funding is awarded to universities and institutions nationwide for projects in research that:
- Focus on important and emerging areas of research
- Have the potential to develop breakthrough technologies, instrumentation or methodologies
- Are innovative, distinctive and interdisciplinary
- Demonstrate a high level of risk due to unconventional approaches, or by challenging the prevailing paradigm
- Have the potential for transformative impact, such as the founding of a new field of research, the enabling of observations not previously possible, or the altered perception of a previously intractable problem
- Does not focus on clinical or translational research, treatment trials or research for the sole purpose of drug development
- Fall outside the mission of public funding agencies
- Demonstrate that private philanthropy generally, and the W. M. Keck Foundation in particular, is essential to the project’s success
Additional information about the research programs Keck can be found here: http://www.wmkeck.org/grant-programs/research