Please join the Office of Foundation Relations and the Office of Research for the Pew Biomedical Programs Informational Webinar next Tuesday, January 15 at 2:00 p.m in Lyman room 312. Light refreshments will be served.
The Pew Scholars Program and Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research are national funding initiatives designed to support assistant professors of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health. Each award provides $300,000 in flexible support—$75,000 per year for a four-year period.
This year, Pew Biomedical Programs staff will host an informational webinar for institutional nomination committees and potential applicants from the list of participating institutions for each program so that they may learn more about both programs in advance of our summer 2019 call for nominations. We highly encourage you to register for this event, even if your institution has nominated a candidate in the past. Topics covered will include:
- Overview of the Pew Charitable Trusts Mission and Current Work
- Biomedical Funding Opportunities
- Program Eligibility Criteria for both the Pew Scholars and Pew-Stewart Programs
- Similarities and differences between the Scholars and Pew-Stewart programs
- Keys to Selecting a Competitive Candidate
- Application Process Overview and Timeline
There will also be a Q&A session for clarification of any additional questions you may have.
For complete program information visit:
We hope you can join us!
Christina Leigh Docteur, Office of Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Whipps, Foundation Relations, email@example.com