The Office of Research is pleased to announce the internal competition for Syracuse University’s nomination of one Assistant or Associate Professor for the 2020 Brain Research Foundation Seed Grant Program (BRF Seed Grant). Click here to view the full competition information.
Program Announcement: Link to external program announcement
Number of internal nominees: 1
Internal Submission Due Date: November 13, 2019, 5:00 PM
Selection Notifications: November 27, 2019
Sponsor Deadline: January 7, 2020
The objective of the BRF Seed Grant Program is to support new and innovative projects, especially those of junior faculty, who are working in new research directions. BRF Seed Grant awards are not intended to supplement existing grants.
- Full-time Assistant or Associate Professors, working in the area of studies of neuroscience.
- PI is ineligible if they are a research assistant professor or research associate professor.
- The grant proposal must detail a new research project that is not funded by other sources.
- BRF Seed Grant is not intended to serve as bridge funding between grants.
Funding and award period
Each total award is limited to $80,000 (direct costs) for a two year grant period. The first grant payment of $40,000 will be made upon completion of the Seed Grant Acceptance Form (June 2020). The final payment of $40,000 will be made contingent upon receipt of a Preliminary Progress and Financial Report (June 2021). The support focus is for new research projects of the highest scientific merit.
Applicants must submit a 2-page project summary, a list of current grants, and a biographical sketch. Full details of application requirements may be found on the Syracuse University Application Portal.
Limited Submission Selection Process:
If more than one application is received for this program, peer review will be triggered. Merit review criteria include:
- Scientific/technical merit
- Proposed method/approach
- Applicant’s research performance competence/adequacy of facilities/resources to conduct the proposed research
- Likelihood research will lead to fundable research and/or publishable work
- Overall quality of application
Questions: Email LimitedSubmissions@syr.edu